I had heard that this was possible to do, to make ice cream in a bag. But I was always a bit skeptical. So the other day we decided to try our hands at it! And we were amazed at the results!
This. Actually. Works!!
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 Tbs Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Rock Salt or Ice Cream Salt
- 2 sandwich size ziploc baggies
- 2 gallon size ziploc baggies
- possibly additional baggies 🙂
- Place milk, sugar and vanilla into a small ziploc bag. Squeeze out the air and zip shut.
- Place this bag into a second small ziploc bag and seal.
- Place salt and ice into a large ziploc bag.
- Place small ziploc bags into large ziploc bag and seal.
- Place all of this into the second ziploc bag and seal tightly.
- Let your child put on winter gloves and shake for 15-20 minutes.
After 15-20 minutes of shaking you will actually have ice cream! Real, honest to goodness, yummy, all ingredients approved by mom, ice cream!
And your kids will be delighted that they made it all by themselves!
Making ice cream in a bag is a really fun experiment to do with your kids. It is so much fun and tasty too! It would be the perfect activity to add to your Summer To-Do list! I know we will be making this again this summer because it was just too much fun not to do again!
This post appeared first on Simply Designing. All blog posts, text and images are subject to my Privacy and Use Policy here.